Friday, April 3, 2009

BIG uh-oh!

So this is what happened...

Roxy was going through her second heat cycle. I didn't do what my mother was nagging me to do since day one which was to separate Roxy from Buddha...we ALL know what happens when a boy dog gets a whif of her while she's bleeding and all you dog experts know what happens when boy dogs sniff.

Knowing Roxy, she is very territorial, especially when it comes to her food. So I let them run around together, gave her a treat thinking she would guard it and not let Buddha get to it as always. I leave for under 5 minutes, probably not even two minutes long to find them end to end, butt to butt, tail to tail. I'm staring thinking maybe their legs were caught together and I'm like, "okay, i'll help them out." So I get closer and try to separate them and I realize, "OH MY GOD THEY'RE STUCK!...HE'S STUCK INSIDE!....AHHHH!...EWWW!...GROSS!..." And I'm screaming at the top of my lungs for my siblings to help.

I did the following:

1. tried pulling them apart -->NO LUCK

2. put them in the shower and tried spraying cold water --> NO LUCK

3. pulled some more --> STILL NO LUCK

FINALLY! They came undone and I was so afraid. I didn't want my poor Roxy to be pregnant. I took her and wrapped her in a towel and I was crying. She was just sitting on me with her ears up like, "What just happened?" And my poor Buddha was locked in the bathroom, drenched, barking and whining for some more (yuck). We got them dried and I called the vet.

Apparently, we're not supposed to intervene once the dogs are "tied together."

65 days later...these little bundles of joy/rascals came into the world!

No comments:

Post a Comment