Friday, April 24, 2009

The things ya miss...



So they all seem to be perking up as the days go by. I'm learning so much as a dog owner and I love being a dog owner. As many dogs as I have, I really don't mind all the work and responsibility. Although it can be stressful at times and even thought they tend to get a little crazy sometimes, I love my pets to death.

With them being sick, there are so many things I appreciate and miss:

-When Deebo and Little Foot or Deebo and Buddha are playing, I miss how J-Mittens would bark like he's t he ref or like he's trying to bring peace to their doggy-play.

-Little Foot would always chew on a piece or end of my blanket before she would go to bed. I would try and take it from her and she would snap at me and try to bite me.

-Sleeping with all of my dogs can be so uncomfortable but now that I have the sickly ones separate from the well ones, there is so much more space left on my bed that I wish was filled by the others.

-We have a baby gate that blocks off the rest of the house from the hallway. All day they play throughout the hallway, in my room and in my sister's room. I miss coming home and having them all bark and greet me at the end of the hallway, fighting each other for my attention and trying to be the first one to be picked up.

-I miss picking up their big wads of poop because at least then I knew they were healthy.

-Every time I would come in the room with food, the ones that are sick along with the others would jump up and fight to sit on my lap to get a piece of my meal.

-Roxy would eat just about anything. Now that she's sick, she'll barely take a treat.

-They're barking in the middle of the night when everyone is asleep. It let's me know that they're okay, alert, and healthy enough to get up and bark in the middle of the night.

...and so much more. There are a lot of things that you tend to appreciate when they don't happen as often, when they stop happening and simply when they just cannot happen for the moment. I know that when my dogs are all well and healthy, everything will go back to normal as if they were never sick, and I can't wait for that to happen. =)

No comments:

Post a Comment