Friday, April 24, 2009

Doggy Intelligence...I LOVE IT!


You all know Buddha by now and for those who know him personally, people might think he's a mean dog because he barks and because he used to bite. Now that I have all of his habitual and bad behaviors under control, he's one of the sweetest dogs in our home and I want to tell you how intelligent he is.
I have a brother named Moe Moe. He has a high metabolism rate so he gets hungry quite often. Well, a little bit before 2AM this morning, he was super hungry. He came to my room and asked me if I wanted a hot dog. I said yes, but I was so tired, so I went back to sleep. He left my room and went to the kitchen to boil the hot dogs. I wake up to Buddha barking out my door. I'm telling him to be quiet but because I was so tired, I went back to sleep and was able to sleep through the remaining of his barking. I wake up to my dad saying, "Moe-Moe don't that again." I had no idea what was going on but I smelt something burning really bad. My mom came in my room and I could see the smoke coming in. She told me that Buddha was the one who woke everyone up. I guess my big puppy smelled the burning and knew something was wrong. He's soooo smart and I'm sooo proud of him. If he didn't wake anyone up, it may have gotten worst and a fire could have ignited. Thank God for Buddha!
Another smart story about Buddha:
Earlier this week, we had some scorching hot weather here in San Diego. I went home during my lunch break in that day because I wanted to make sure that my dogs had something around them to keep them cool like a fan and more than enough water. Buddha knows how everyone is a little sick. He came to greet me at the end of the hallway by the gate. When I came over the gate, he was standing at the other end wagging his tail and turning around like he was telling me something. I walked to my sister's room and on the wee-wee pad, I see little wads of poop and I realized that he was telling me that they were there so I could pick them up. I did so and I was so proud of him.
Buddha loves his sister, Roxy! When they were young little puppies, Roxy threw up in the middle of the night one night and she was sitting up looking helpless. I didn't know because I was sleeping and I didn't hear anything at all. But I did feel that something was sitting on my chest. I felt fur on my cheeks and I wake up to find Buddha laying on my chest to wake me up. I see Roxy sitting there, hunched over and looking sickly. If it wasn't for Buddha, I would have probably never woken up. I think he's an angel disguised as a dog. =)
Peoeple tend to underestimate the canine species A LOT. Little do a lot of people know that as long as you take care of a dog and give them everything they need, especially time, love and affection, they will take care of you in return. Dogs can feel your pain, they know when something is wrong and they know that there is a time and place for a lot of things. Even though you have to train them and take your time in raising them, they will always give something back to you.

No comments:

Post a Comment