Wednesday, April 1, 2009

Having a dog is like...

...having a best friend. They have all of the "best-friend" traits that you would expect and even want in a friend:

1. If you tell them a secret, they don't tell anyone.
2. They ALWAYS know when you're feeling down.

3. They literally comfort you when you're crying --> Roxy (right): any time that I cry or fake cried, I would call her and she would come up to me and start licking my face.

4. They play with you --> Buddha (left) loves to play; he especially likes to bite your hand and shake it around. OUCH!

5. They make you smile and bring you joy.

6. They're the only ones in my life who NEVER get tired of seeing me. It's the same greeting and EVEN MORE when I come home: they bark, they shake, they paw at the gate, they wag their tails like crazy and when I finally pick them up, they lick my hands and face like I'm a piece of meat. Sadly, I even try to delay picking them up because I love seeing them get so excited.

7. When you punish them, they love you even more.

8. When no one else will walk or exercise with you, they'll be the first ones in line to walk and run with you...so much that when you're actually walking with them, they pull you to make you go faster.

More than anything, these dogs are the love of my life when it comes to passion. The hardest part about it is thinking about the possibilities that one day they'll be gone...but we have lots of time together so that's the least of my worries as of right now. Right now, I enjoy every moment that I spend with them and will give everything and anything that they need in order for them to live a fulfilling life...but then again, dogs don't demand much except for love, nurturing, clean water, lots of food, a home to keep them safe and warm, and a family to love them passionately.

No comments:

Post a Comment