Friday, April 24, 2009

My pain is her pain, her pain is my pain...


This is Roxy as a little puppy. Adorable isn't she? Right now Roxy isn't feeling at her best in her health. She's still a little bit sick from the Giardia and we are taking care of her very well. She has her two sick children with her as well to keep her company. She is slowly getting better by the day and right now, it's just time that they all need to heal.
I wanted to share something about Roxy that I absolutely admire.
One day, I was crying over something that had made me sad. I was sobbing, there were lots of tears and I was red all over my face. I remember the first time she saw me cry. Her and Buddha were playing and as I cried, they stopped playing to sit and stare at me. They both came up to sniff me and it gave me some comfort. They knew I was hurting and I was amazed by it. A few other times that she has seen me cry, she would come up to me, make me pick her up, and she would lick my tears away. I don't know if she liked them because they were salty or because she really wanted me to feel better.
Sometimes, I'll even pretend to cry and call her over to me. Then here she comes with her whole booty and tail wagging with her tongue out tom come and give me her puppy kisses.
As she is sick, I have cried because really want her to be back to her normal health. I want all of them to be back in good health. But I also take care of her to the best of my ability. As I cry, she takes care of me, and as she cries I take care of her. My pain is her pain and her pain is my pain.
I've realized that once you have a pet, they need you there for them just as you need them there for you. They really do feel for you.

No comments:

Post a Comment